Schedule and Topics
Overview of the Weekend
General Overview of Traditional Chinese Medicine Channel Theory
● Theory of Yin and Yang
● Five Element Theory
● Essential Substances – Qi, Blood, Fluids, Spirit
● Meridian Theory – How energy flows naturally in the body
● Horary Cycle – Energy clock, biorhythms according to Asian Medical Systems
Laying the Foundations
During this portion of the course, participants will learn how to locate acupressure points. We will review Tsun Theory: how the body is segmented and how to locate important landmarks in order to find the proper location of acupressure points. Participants will also learn Tonification, Dispersion and Even techniques for manipulating points in order to achieve the desired results.
This section provides the participants with supervised practice locating five major acupressure points. Once located, each participant will practice techniques of tonification, dispersion and even method. Participants will need to “pair up” or “group up” into small working groups in order to learn to locate the points on various shapes and sizes of individuals.
Lunch 1 Hour
The goal of this portion of the workshop is to learn the location and action of 20 to 25* specific acupressure points that will be utilized in the protocols that will be covered Sunday. Participants will learn how each point affects the body during pregnancy, childbirth and postpartum. The time will be broken up into lecture/demonstration and practice time.
*Specific points to be determined
Acupressure for a comfortable Pregnancy
● Musculo-Skeletal Pain -Sciatica, Pelvic Pain, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
● Nausea/Morning Sickness
● Digestive Issues – Indigestion, Acid Reflux, Constipation
● Hemorrhoids, Vulval Varicosities
● Anxiety, Insomnia, Depression
Labor Preparation Acupressure Protocols
During this time, participants will learn to prepare the healthy woman for a smooth, efficient birthing experience.
Lunch 1 hour
Acupressure for Labor Induction & Acupressure for Pain Relief during Labor
● Malposition of fetus (posterior positioning, breech, failure to drop)
● Unestablished Labor
● Failure to Progress in Stage 2
● Cervical Ripening (Cervical Lip)
● Relive Labor Pain
● High Blood Pressure
Postpartum Acupressure & Acupressure for Lactation Postpartum Pain
Working with Insufficient Lactation and “Baby Blues”.
Putting it all together
● Utilizing and marketing what has been learned
● When to refer
● Resources for further learning
● Answers to any questions